Saturday 24 February 2018

Marc Cole - The First Cornishman Killed By Police Taser - The Chief Constable - The Tory MP and The Busker

Marc Cole was the first person in Cornwall to die from a police taser stun-gun - This publication is dedicated to him and all those around the world killed - tortured and traumatized by tasers  -  a weapon the United Nations designated as an instrument of torture in contravention of the United Nations Convention Against Torture over ten years ago!  The RESIST CARDIAC ARREST CAMPAIGN has been trying to get answers from the British government and police about the UNCAT and taser for eight years and what follows is the latest attempt to get legal clarification on this lethal problem from Cornwall-s chief of police:
Image result for marc cole falmouth
Marc Cole
Public Message To:  Image result for chief constable shaun sawyer
Shaun Sawyer - Chief Constable of Cornwall and Devon Constabulary    24th February 2018

Re:  Death of Marc Cole by Falmouth Police - UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE - Illegality of Taser stun-gun - Lying MP Derek Thomas etc 


CC:  Diane Abbot - Shadow Home Secretary - 
       Alison Drive - Police and Crime Commissioner - Devon - Cornwall and  Scillies
       Clare Moody - Member of European Parliament

       Amnesty International - London


Image result for derek thomas mp
Dear Chief Constable Shaun Sawyer -
I wrote to you on 27th May 2017 requesting that you clarify the legal position of the stun-gun X-26 manufactured by Taser International and increasingly carried and used by British police -
You didn-t respond to my letter but rather passed it to the IPCC who of course took no action and also failed to respond to the legal matters I have raised - 
I would like to ask you again to clarify the law over stun-gun usage on humans - 
In 2010 I made an extensive study of the above phenomena and also started questioning the British government and police about the law and tasers -
To this day I have never had a satisfactory response - or even a genuine response at all from the government or police except for an admission from the now disgraced Tory cabinet minister Damien Green who agreed with me in a letter that the taser is indeed a lethal weapon - despite the multi-billion dollar campaign of Taser International to suppress any such legal argument even by suing coroners who had linked stun-guns to deaths by cardiac-arrest!
Against such a background I spent years having my letters on stun-guns being ignored by three separate British governments two Chief-Constables and various other police-people - and two MPs - my current Conservative Party MP Derek Thomas has maintained an almost total boycott of me and in effect I have no official  political representation - However on one rare occasion Derek Thomas gave me a filmed interview in which he promised to investigate what I had told him about the UNCAT - that it has never had Article 22 ratified by Britain and this is the loophole that allows British police to ignore the UN and effectively use stun-guns to torture and kill British citizens with no democratic mandate to do so -
On 27th May - four days after the death of Marc Cole by Falmouth police taser - I wrote to you - the Chief of Police for Cornwall and Devon - stating that the UN had declared taser-usage constituted torture in 2007 and asked you to explicate this situation - 
I formally requested that you as part of your duty as Chief Constable talk to the UN and get clarification from them and our British Government on the legal status of stun-guns - 
Since I have been informed by the UN that the British government can-t deal with taser-torture cases from British police due to the non-ratification of Article 22 - and since Derek Thomas refuses to do his well-paid duty and communicate with his constituents - or raise the life-and-death issues he has promised to raise with the government - I see no option but to repeat my request that you yourself respond over this as head law-man for the west-country - 
Surely if the UN is saying taser-usage contravenes the UNCAT and an MP has promised - on youtube - to raise the issue in parliament but is lying about this intention - then I would contend that this issue lands squarely on the desk of the presiding Chief Constable of the area in which the man - Marc Cole - was killed - 
After all - you are the highest Commanding Officer for the entire local jurisdiction - you are head of law and order and you have another death on your hands - 
I ask you again to talk to the UN and the British Government about the legal status of the Taser X-26 stun-gun in view of the Deaths of Marc Cole - Andrew Pimlott and all the others killed and the children electrocuted with these weapons - 
Specifically I ask you to look into the UN-s findings and declarations regarding Lisbon November 2007 and the case of police torture-slaughter in the cells over there in Portugal - This is when the UN made their declaration about the X-26 contravening the United Nations Convention Against Torture and obviously the UN will be able to provide you (and the British Government) with the paper-work on this - 
I-ve been telling the British police and government that taser is an illegal weapon of death and torture since 2010 -
Having provided legal argument supported by the United Nations - the Green Party and Mebyon Kernow I say to you Mr Sawyer will you please communicate with me fully on these matters - Preferably before the next person having a wobbler on the street is slaughtered with 50-000 volts -
Sincerely - Jeremy Schanche - RESIST CARDIAC ARREST

Previous correspondence from me to Chief Constable Sawyer - all unanswered:
Public Message To:  Chief Constable Sean Sawyer, Cornwall and Devon Police, 27th May, 2017
Dear Chief Constable,
Since 2010 I have been attempting to get the British authorities to uphold the law regarding torture, namely the UNCAT.  I have had communication with your predecessor, the former Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall Constabulary;  Andrew George MP;  Derek Thomas MP;  various members of the British Government and police.  I have a written admission from a cabinet minister that stun-guns are indeed lethal, despite contrary claims by the manufacturer.
Since a young man has just died having been shot with a stun-gun by Cornish police in Falmouth, I thought I would point out to you that the use of the taser x-26 and similar weapons is illegal.  
An MP recently let me know that this fact is virtually unknown in the House of Commons.  However, it is know to some, including the Prime Minister, the Law Lords and the United Nations.  Taser usage became illegal in Britain in 2007, following the UN declaration in Lisbon.  The fact that this change in the law has not filtered through the British Government to the Cornish police in no way diminishes the legal reality of the situation. I believe ignorance of the law is not a recognized defence. 
I understand that the UN Committee Against Torture can not order the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary to cease using their illegal weapons of torture, and I also understand the mechanism by which the British Government avoids its legal obligation to uphold the UNCAT.  I know this from having communicated directly with the United Nations in Geneva myself.  The reason I took a complaint to Geneva was because Falmouth police (who have just been involved in a taser-killing) (and also shot dead a man who had an air-gun) were torturing a handcuffed man in the street with a taser.  Since Penzance police falsely told me they could not take my complaint, I took it to Geneva, that being the obvious route to justice which was not available in this jurisdiction.  My communication with the UN in Geneva explicated for me the mechanism of deception by which the British government(s) since Thatcher in 1985, have been evading their responsibility to uphold the UNCAT by failing to ratify Article 22.  
As a result of the continuing illegal use of stun-guns in Cornwall and Devon, resulting from the British government and police failing to properly engage with my legal objections to this weapon's deployment, constables of our local force recently burnt a disturbed young man to death by electrocuting him when he was doused with petrol - proving they were incapable of following the basic guidelines that are supposedly taught to ensure the 'safety' of this weapon.
We now have a second disturbed man apparently killed by an illegal stun-gun in Devon and Cornwall.  I know other injuries were involved in this case, but it seems highly likely that the stun gun was a major contributory factor.  
Have the Devon and Cornwall police been warned that the batteries in their weapons are known to be carcinogenic, and highly dangerous if damaged?  Since this warning comes in printed form with each new weapon, I trust you have put the safety of the constables first and informed them of the carcinogenic nature of their weapons.  Failure to do so would seem to be placing their health in jeopardy unnecessarily.  
If you have any doubt about the validity of what I am imparting to you, then I request that in your role as head of law and order in Cornwall and Devon that you please contact the United Nations Committee Against Torture in Geneva and request them to inform you of their judgement given in Lisbon in 2007.  I believe they will make it clear to you that the UN's Investigative Committee has indeed defined the said weapon as an instrument of extreme pain and torture, likely to cause death.  They recommended its use be discontinued instantly as it was in violation of the United Nations Convention Against Torture.  Please verify this information for yourself and liaise with the British Government and respond to me on this (preferably before anyone else is killed in the street with one of these weapons.)
It is my informed belief that Great Britain is in breach of UNCAT by our continued use of taser and similar weapons.  I have informed the government and police of this many times and have never received a satisfactory response from any official, clarifying the government and police's position in law.  It is my belief that Britain's continuing breach of UNCAT has led directly to the deaths of Andrew Pimlott in Plymouth and Marc Cole in Falmouth as well as numerous other deaths in Britain.  Politicians who have evaded discourse on this issue bear some responsibility for these deaths.  Derek Thomas has broken a public promise to me over this and failed to raise the matter of UNCAT ratification with the British Government.  I believe Mr Thomas is criminally negligent in this regard and I will be proceeding against him.
I have informed you of the law, as I see it and am sincerely asking for remedy by the steps mentioned above.  I am extremely distressed that a human life has been taken, I believe unnecessarily and this is a crime against nature.
I trust you will respond promptly to me and engage with me, over this point of law, and over this wasted human life.
Sincerely,
Jeremy Schanche
Newlyn, Cornwall.
--------------------
Image result for marc cole falmouth
Marc Cole
Public message to: Chief Constable Sean Sawyer,  Devon and Cornwall Police Headquarters, Exeter, Devon.  1st June, 2017
Re:  The killing of Marc Cole by Falmouth Police, 23rd May, 2017
Dear Chief Constable Sawyer,
It is my understanding that usually when the police kill someone, the family is offered the chance to speak with a Liaison Officer.  To the best of my knowledge, no such offer has been made to the Cole family.  Would you please take appropriate action on this?

I gather that it is your policy to conceal the identity of officers who kill citizens - we can all see why.  I'd like to ask you whether the constable(s) involved in this latest killing have been suspended, if so are they still being paid?  What is the current employment status of the constables involved in the killing of Marc Cole?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Schanche
--------------------

So much for our open and transparent democracy where the police are public servants who police by consent - taking their instructions from our government who represent us and uphold international law for us -   Anyway here-s the article I wrote to start my campaign against stun-guns in 2010 -
Image result for marc cole falmouth

No comments: