Saturday 3 June 2017

YOU WON’T KNOW UNLESS YOU ASK - CAN A PERSON SEE THROUGH A WHITE SHEET?

"The Dade County, Florida State Attorney’s Office contended that on the night Darren Rainey was killed, a sheet was covering my cell door window at different times so I allegedly wasn’t able to see everything I said I seen.  They don’t contest that I seen certain things, just that the ‘sheet’ allegedly prohibited me from seeing everything.  
I found from many years of experience that people in society who’ve never been incarcerated in Florida and/or have no knowledge of the life of the incarcerated, are not aware of a lot of things that would at first sound outrageous to them if they didn’t first inquire for more details.  For instance, if I said I could be in a locked cell in a Confinement Unit with the whole wing of prisoners in their locked Confinement Cells and I could pass to other prisoners or obtain from other prisoners in their locked cells books, canteen items, clothes, writing supplies etc. without the help of any person outside the locked cells, most people in society would think that I was lying.  Especially if I said it didn’t matter if I or the other prisoner(s) were on the first or second tier.  Why would most think I was lying?  Because they don’t know what ‘fishing’ is.  If I said I could do the foregoing to anybody who was ever incarcerated in the Florida prison system (FDC,) they would know I could do such by ‘fishing.’  All Florida prisoners know what ‘fishing’ is.  
What is ‘fishing.’  In order to know what ‘fishing’ is I’ll first have to tell you how we make ‘fishing lines’ and a ‘car.’  
We make a ‘fishing line’ by taking thread out of a sheet, boxers, pants or shirt and tying all the strings together at their ends until we get our fishing line as long as we need it.  We make a ‘car’ by emptying all the toothpaste out of a toothpaste tube, cutting off the side of the tube from about an inch under where the toothpaste comes out, filling the empty tube with soap powder filed from a bar of soap and mixed with water.  We use the water to make the soap powder hard, the length and width of the tube and less than a quarter inch thick.  We then tie the tube closed (with the hard soap powder in it) with one of the ends of the fishing line.  We then have a ‘fishing line’ with a ‘car’ at the end of it.  With the foregoing, I can be in my locked cell, hold on to one side of my fishing line and push my car under my cell door in the direction to and under another inmate’s locked cell door.  We can then pass anything we want from my cell to his, or from his to mine, by tying it on the car or line.  The more experience you have fishing, the better you get at it.  We use ramps to fish from the upper tier to the lower tier.  We fish in our vents, and even in our toilets.  We fish out the top of our cell doors with wet toilet-paper balls we use to bounce off our cell doors until they fly upstairs.  The list goes on and on.

I’m going to name just a few more things we do in prison but I’m not going to explain the details on these because I don’t have the space to do it.
  1. Prisoners make wine from scratch.
  2. Prisoners make wall-safes to hide their contraband, with screws and locks.
  3. Prisoners can use a plastic mirror sold in the canteen to hide a cellphone or drugs in the water in a toilet.  You can look in the toilet and not see it and the phone or drugs won’t be flushed away.  
All these things sound strange to most people in society but if they were explained, like ‘fishing,’ they would then not sound so strange.  When the Miami-Dade Police Department interviewed me in June 2014, they were too busy trying to limit me on what I could or couldn’t say instead of asking me how I could see.  In June 2014 when I was interviewed I had been incarcerated for fifteen years straight.  After fifteen straight years of incarceration it was only common sense to me that inmates can see out their cell doors with a sheet covering the window.  Inmates placing sheets on their cell doors covering the windows is very common for inmates in Florida.  We place sheets on our cell doors every time we use the bathroom and every time we want privacy for any reason.  Having been incarcerated for fifteen years in June 2014, I had placed sheets on my cell doors one to five times a day every day for fifteen years straight.  Inmates in the Florida prison system (FDC) are issued two bed-sheets a piece.  Most inmates use one sheet to cover their bed and one sheet for the collar on their bed.  The collar-sheet is also used to cover the cell door window, to cover the shower door when they shower, etc..  Since the collar-sheet is used for so many different things, inmates usually strive to keep that sheet clean.  The more the sheet is washed, the thinner it gets.  If you were to take any white sheet off your bed, cover a window with it, stand on one side of the sheet with the light off and look through the sheet into a room (or outside) that is full of light, you’ll be able to see everything on the other side (even if the white sheet is new).  If the light is on in the room you’re in, and in the room on the other side of the sheet, you’ll still be able to see through the sheet.  
Even though this is common sense, the Dade County, Florida State Attorney contended I couldn’t see through the white sheet I allegedly had hanging in my cell door at different times on the night Rainey was killed.  
Not only was my sheet old, but it had been washed with bleach dozens if not hundreds of times.  The MDPD and Miami Dade State Attorney never once mentioned a sheet on my cell door at specific times on the night Rainey was killed.  I believe they never once questioned me about the foregoing because they had common sense to know anybody could see through a white sheet set up like I mentioned in this blog.  I also believe the Dade County State Attorney has attempted to twist this common sense fact and try to get people to believe I (and anybody else) could never see through a white sheet how I present the matter herein.  
This is just another matter that the Dade County State Attorney has attempted to twist in the Darren Rainey case.  The Rainey case should send out a clear statement to the people of Dade County, Florida and the World that the Dade County State Attorney will do everything possible to let those who killed Rainey continue to walk the streets of Dade County, Florida as free men.  
Please share this blog with your friends and with anybody you think would like to join us in our fight for the value of life.  Please sign our petition at Change.org entitled THE LIFE OF BLACK, MENTALLY DISABLED MUSLIM PRISONER DARREN RAINEY DOES MATTER."

Harold Hempstead, a.k.a. Caged Crusader, a.k.a. 'Miami Harold', Tennessee Department of Corrections, April 2017.













I have a great deal more evidence from Harold to publish on the killing of Darren Rainey and other matters concerning FDC. Please follow this blog and share it widely.

Also, please follow Harold's own blog which I administer for him. Please share it with anyone you know who cares about Human Rights. Thanks - Jeremy

No comments: