Thursday, 30 December 2010
Tuesday, 14 December 2010
6) To date, are there any plans to consult the public about their wishes concerning the most ancient religious site in
Please follow link to read The History of St.Anthony's Chapel, Penzance:
Saturday, 11 December 2010
Friday, 12 November 2010
Print out these flyers, cut them out and pass them around - LET THEM KNOW
Please follow the link to read The History of St.Anthony's Chapel, Penzance:
Monday, 25 October 2010
Message From: United Campaign Against Police Violence
To: The Limpet
United Campaign Against Police Violence is supporting the United Families and Friends Campaign march to Downing Street this weekend for justice for those who have died in custody.
Assemble at 12noon on Saturday 30th October at Trafalgar Square for a march to Downing Street.
UFFC includes members of the families of Roger Sylvester, Leon Patterson, Rocky Bennett, Alton Manning, Christopher Alder, Brian Douglas, Joy Gardner, Aseta Simms, Ricky Bishop, Paul Jemmott, Harry Stanley, Glenn Howard, Mikey Powell, Jason Mcpherson and Sean Rigg - all of whom have died in custody.
Join the event on Facebook:
What we believe
• That failure of State officials to ensure the basic right to life is made worse by the failure of the State to ever prosecute those responsible for custody deaths.
• That the failure to prosecute those responsible for deaths in custody sends the message that the State can act with impunity.
What We Demand
• Deaths in police custody must be investigated by a body that is genuinely independent of the police.
• Prison deaths must be subject to a system of properly funded investigation that is completely independent of the Prison Service.
• Officers involved in custody deaths be suspended until investigations are completed.
• Prosecutions should automatically follow 'unlawful killing' verdicts at inquests.
• Police forces are made accountable to the communities that they serve.
• Immediate Legal Aid and full disclosure of information be made to the relatives of the victims for investigations, inquests and subsequent prosecutions.
• Officers responsible for deaths should face criminal charges, even if retired.
• CCTV to be placed in the back of all police vehicles
Received the above message today. I totally agree with and support all its points. Please publicize this march for Justice via face-book and all other media. Check out the campaign's website:
and be part of the movement for Peace and Justice, not Violence and Impunity.
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
Despite winning major awards, being screened in 1000's of independent cinemas and being screened in festivals and broadcasters all over the world, the film is banned by broadcasters in the UK.
The film is now streaming at www.injusticefilm.tv and background reviews, statements and a history of the film and the issues are at www.injusticefilm.co.uk
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
Hi Friends – Our first film shows our beautiful land of Cornwall – a beach a few miles from Penzance. This website was created to save a small beach on the seafront of Penzance. At our Battery Rocks beach area, you may be lucky and sea seals like these just a few feet from the shore, that is, if you actually GO to the place and reestablish your connection with Mother Nature.
Purple Sandpipers have been using Battery Rocks as a nesting site since time immemorial. It is one of a relatively small number of such roosts in the West of Britain. Their presence attracts Human visitors, namely birdwatchers, who also contribute to the economy of Penzance.
Purple Sandpiper feeding - these birds migrate between Arctic Norway and temperate Kernow.
Whilst Cornish seas are rich in Jellyfish - (Ker: Morgowles) we have not yet found any to compete in size with these fellas...
Cuttles are found in abundance on the Ranvor seabed, off Battery Rocks.Intertidal rockpools - a mikrokosmos of beauty and biodiversity. Also a source of great fascination to small children.
The Gorgon - these come in green and purple varieties. Colonies of them can be found on the part of Battery Rocks and Sandy Cove that is scheduled for destruction.
Kelp forest - these proliferate around the globe, offering a home to myriad creatures.
Prince Charles, The Duke of Cornwall, speaks on Nature.
Pouring concrete: Dominant primates manipulate Original Nature.
Ripping into the sea-bed, Brazil. If you do not wish to see this happen to Penzance, come to the Public Meeting, St.John's Hall, Penzance, Friday 22nd October 2010, at 7.30pm, hosted by The Friends of Penzance Harbour. In attendance will be Andrew George, Member of Britain's Westminster Parliament and Jan Rhurmund, Mayor of Penzance, who both advocate protection of this unique natural habitat. Please tell your friends about this meeting and arrive early as places will be limited to about 500.